Monday, July 5, 2010

stuck in a little german village with no powercord

dear home,

as the title might suggest, im stranded in my little german village with no internet and only german tv to soothe me. right now im in Frankfurt at an internet cafe and paying by the minute so i wont give my usual book-long post. (im also using a german keyboard which is completely blowing my mind.)

yesterday was sunday and thus most places in hanau and muehlheim were closed except of course for family love park. it was sooooo much fun. within in 15 minutes of getting there i was soaked from head to toe in sillystring and bier. i only stayed for about 5 hours even though it was an all day event. however in my music festival frenzy, i forgot to get food and so yesterday, all i had to eat was two nectarines, quark (something like yogurt) and the last bier in my fridge.

this morning i was hungry

last night i also watched flubber, 13 going on 30 and star trek: the next generation in german. somehow captain picard with a german voice doesn't have the same charm.

right now im in Frankfurt, a city much more my style as i said earlier as it is an international mini-chicago. (well not that mini, at least a million, i think).
i'm going to scour the city for a power cord or an adaptor...so that i can have the use of my own computer back.

ill post again in more detail as soon as i can.

kassel on wednesday!
tschuessi!
emily

No comments:

Post a Comment