Friday, July 2, 2010

Just my luck...

Dear Home,

Well, the plan WAS to go to Fulda today. The plan WAS to take pictures of the Altstadt and visit the palace there and the famous church. The plan WAS to go to a Biergarten. That WAS the plan. I liked the plan.

What actually happened was like hell warmed up. I woke up this morning at about 4 am here feeling like Death in a Barbeque and I thought it might have been because I went to a Kneipe (pub) last night for dinner with some friends that I made on my walk on the Main earlier that night. But A.) I didn't drink that much and B.) I'm pretty sure hangovers don't last the ENTIRE day.

Frau Heiduschka came to check on me bringing carbonated water and crackers saying that there was a 24 hour thing going around the town and that I probably got that.

Wonderful! Awesome! This would happen to me on the 2ND DAY HERE! I'm okay though...Starting to feel a little better but we won't know for a couple of hours...Tomorrow I still plan on going to Hanau for the day. And on Sunday (the 4th) is FAMILY LOVE PARK!!! Can't wait.

At least while I was ill, I got the chance to work on my project so not a completely wasted day.
And I did learn some things.
1. Anything can happen. Be prepared.
2. German friends are hilarious when they are drunk.

That's all for now.
Tschüss!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment