Saturday, June 12, 2010

In the Beginning...

Dear Home,

So this summer is filled with travel and adventures for me and in my somewhat desperate attempt to stay grounded in spirit (though I'm literally and mentally flying in the clouds), I decided to keep a blog for all you folks who might possibly be interested in what I'm doing and I unfortunately don't have time to call every day.

I will post pictures; I will post captions; I will describe in as much detail as I am allowed time for what I am doing. This way I don't have to feel guilty for not sending calling/skyping. And you, whoever you are, can be satiated in your desperate desire to nose into my life. Teehee.

(Don't worry, I'm not THAT vain....at least, all the time.)

So here's the plan.

Finals ended this past Wednesday and while I wait for grades to be posted, I have a few things that I'm finishing up. Tonight was the last day of RA duty and, of course, I held the primary phone. YAY! No worries, though. Nothing happened unless you count the fantastic end of year talks with the other RAs. : )

So next week should be fun as well. Later today is commencement for the seniors and I am carrying the flag of the Netherlands for the graduating senior from that country. I shall try to do so with grace and pride. Then I get to check people out of NCC on the North end of campus and move out around 6 p.m. Then I'm HOME!

I can't express who beautiful an idea that is. Home. *sigh* Just thinking about it makes me happy, hence why I have addressed this post as such.

On Tuesday, my good friend Kayleigh has invited me to stay at her place so I believe the plan is to go to Six Flags. I am very excited for this considering the last time I was at a theme park was Ceder Point in 2004. Fun times, though I did lose my glasses. Oops!

Then I'm back on campus Friday for a job interview as a Summer Language Institute Counselor. Hooray! Wish me luck because this sounds pretty much perfect for me. Starts July 30 and goes right up until before RA training on August 22. I would be staying in the residence halls with the foreign exchange students, helping them adjust to US culture and the like, as well as leading field trips into the city. How much fun does that sound?

Friday night I am staying on campus with the rest of the NACURH delegation before we head off to San Diego!!! I can't believe that it is already that time. Perfect time to go, too. I can just hear Mungo Jerry singing "In the Summertime."

We get back the 24th of June which doesn't leave much time to recover before the family reunion that weekend and then I leave for Germany on the 29th. After a week in Hanau, a week and a half in Kassel and about 3 days in Frankfurt I head home on the 20th of July. 10 days for myself and then (fingers crossed) move back onto campus for SLIC. (See above).

RA training starts on the 24th and this is going to be a good year, I can already tell.

So all of the above is what I intend on keeping a log of, at least until I come back and can tell you in person.

Hopefully, you like it. And I will post again when something exciting happens.

For now,

Wa chuntay oh gna kay

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment